June 18, 2022, will be a busy day for Lac La Biche County with Lemonade Day. This event is a free and fun youth entrepreneurship program that teaches youth, Pre-K to high school, how to start, own and operate their own business.
All participants will set up their lemonade stands in their towns at the location of their choice and try their hand at running their own business. The youth that participates in Lemonade Day keep all the profit their stand makes, but the program encourages them to save some, spend some and share some by donating to a charity of their choice.
Teaching Young Entrepreneurs
One of the unique aspects of Lemonade Day is that youth are encouraged to partner with local businesses in their town and “rent” space for their lemonade stands outside of that business. Even though the “rent” is typically only $1, it helps to teach these young entrepreneurs about business expenses. This partnership allows participating youth to access higher traffic areas where they will be able to attract plenty of customers to their business.
Local Business Support Needed
As a business, there are plenty of ways you can support your Lemonade Day partner:
- Advertising- Let customers know there will be a lemonade stand at your business leading up to and on Lemonade Day or give youth space to do so.
- Encourage staff members to support the lemonade stand.
- Allow your Lemonade Day participant to access your washroom as needed.
- Offer in-kind donations of products if possible.
- Become a Local Lemonade Day Sponsor – Contact Community Futures Lac La Biche if you would like to sponsor Lemonade Day in Lac La Biche County with a financial contribution.
Take Time For A Glass (or 2)
Whether you are a business or not, be sure to support these young entrepreneurs by visiting their lemonade stands on June 18 and buying some delicious and refreshing lemonade.